Monday, November 3, 2008

Three Things - Before I die

I thought today, perhaps for the first time, about three things I'd like to do before I die. Anyway, here they are:

1.) Swim with dolphins! What an incredible, beautiful experience this would be. I would like to take my kids and myself and jump into a tank with dolphins and swim. Notice I said tank, not ocean. I would not jump into the ocean with my kids and hope for the best.

2.) Learn how to sew and knit. I don't want to be just proficient at these, I want to be outstanding at it, like my mother was.

3.) Vacation in Maine. Vacation in Maine? Yup. I would like to sit on the beach (and no, I won't go into the ocean for this one either) and breathe the fresh air, find a sand dollar and eat some lobster. I would, of course, take my kids with me.

Perhaps these things don't excite anyone else. I'm a pretty simple person. I don't want to vacation with my kids in Disneyland/world, it's too commercial and crowd-y. I want to sew and knit to have a creative, useful outlet. I've always like dolphins.

Tell me bloggers, have you Three Things - before you die?

No comments: